Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Somebody!

Gift giving....What do you get for the person who has everything?
What do you get for a person who doesn't have everything and you live in Moscow where there is nothing to buy? I take that back. There are many things to buy; if you like snake stuffed animals for the New Year or over priced cheap items made in China or Russian chocolate that tastes like cardboard. (note to self: buy Russian chocolate to take home as gifts)

Today is Somebody's birthday. This Somebody shall remain unnamed. Not because of Somebody's age, although I am sure Somebody doesn't want it broadcast all over the Internet. It isn't THE big birthday...you know? THE one where you go over THE hill. Somebody has already rolled over THE hill. So, lets not focus on age, shall we? Somebody shall remain unnamed not because Somebody doesn't want us to know it is Somebody's birthday. In fact, we all know it is Somebody's birthday, don't we? Well, those of us who were at Somebody's surprise birthday party knew. Some of us made it. Some of us dropped like flies and didn't make the surprise. But Somebody did! Somebody was surprised!

Somebody remains unnamed because I am selfish. I admit it. I don't want to share Somebody with just anybody. Somebody is very special to me. To laugh with Somebody makes me feel like a giddy school girl. To see Somebody always places a smile on my face. I can never see Somebody too much or too little. I know when I see Somebody I will always laugh, learn and be completely confused at something Somebody says.

Are you with me? Somebody is! Somebody gets me.

There are many things I could buy Somebody (like a female matrushka doll that becomes more naked as you open her....my God that sounds horrifying!). I could make Somebody something, but that might give some people an allergic reaction...so I better not. I have decided what gift I would like to give Somebody. I would like to take Somebody to lunch. Yes! I think I shall treat Somebody to lunch. However, Somebody needs to drive....

Happy Birthday Somebody! There are no words to say how much I adore you and appreciate you! My life in Moscow would never be the same without you! May your day be just as special as you!

PS...the Mr says You don't have to drive. I can treat you to a mashrutka ride....


Sent from my iPad

No comments: