Friday, December 28, 2012

Child Abuse in Russia Is Routine | The Moscow Times

I have kept quiet on the topic of Russia banning Americans adopting for a few reasons. I have been speechless and don't really know what to say. My heart is so heavy. Heavy with sadness for the 700,000 orphans in Russia who, at this time, will never have the chance to be adopted into the land of the free and home of the brave. I look at Munchkin One and I see the faces of so many children. I feel so blessed to be his Mommy and can't imagine my life without him.

President Putin signed the bill today banning Americans from adopting Russian orphans. The citizens of Russia are angered by this. They do not stand in agreement with the President. They are so embarrassed by this. Many Russians profusely apologized to a non American friend of ours saying this is not Russia. This is not who they are. They want International adoption. They see the benefit. The citizens of Russia are angered.

I have been following The Moscow Times among some other publications. Here is a recent opinion article.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile/opinion/article/child-abuse-in-russia-is-routine/473633.html


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

amy said...

Sad day when a country who benefits from international adoptions closes its doors to one of the countries who openly adopt from them.