Saturday, October 6, 2012

You've Got A Friend


Press above link to hear the song...

Two peas in a pod...



A brother is a friend given by Nature. - Jean Baptiste Legouve

Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow. - Benjamin Disraeli


I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see. I sought my God, but my God eluded me. I sought my brother and I found all three. - Unknown

Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring, quite often the hard way. - Pamela Dugdale



"Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life."


Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.  ~Vietnamese Proverb

The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.  ~Garrison Keillor

The thought of siblings weighs heavy on my heart these days for may reasons...
My munchkins, my brothers and the Mr's.
A friend shared with me these words in regard to her own children; 
your sister is the first friend you ever had.
I had never thought of it that way, but you know what? It is so true!

I adore watching these two play. I love listening to them giggle in the other room.
I am so thankful they have each other. Things may not always be perfect between them, but I pray they love each other enough to put themselves aside.  

My mother taught us this. I have two younger brothers. Being the oldest and only girl had its challenges.  Two brothers 18 months apart had their own. The one constant in all of this was my mother. She taught us what family is about. It isn't always easy, but we work through it where the love is deeper than it was before. The key word is WE.  We are a family. We are a team she would say. We worked through things as a family, as a team. I think it is this perspective that has carried us through some rough patches.  Because we worked through things as a team when we were younger, as adults, when we have issues with each other, we can handle them alone. And we know we have too, for the good of the team. And if we can't, we know our Mom will be there to help us work through it...and when I say help I mean make. So we fight, we argue, we kiss and make up!
My brothers are the world to me. I can't imagine them not in my life. I adore them! They may be men, but they will always be three to me.

I pray this for my children.

I pray I am the Mom who can teach this value to my children.
I pray this home is never divided.


1 comment:

Nina said...

Beautifully said!!
I am in Buffalo this weekend and have been slammed this last week. Would love to catch up soon. Had a dream about the fox coat last night. LOL.
Miss u and love love love this blog post!!!