Thursday, March 14, 2013

Digging For Gold

I sat quietly and alone on the tram making my way to a local mall. Frequent stops allow frigid air in. People come along inside too, quickly shifting to an open seat. The moment this man sat down across from me I noticed how large his nose was. "THAT is some honker!" I thought. His left hand gently moved up to his face where his pinky finger extended and entered his nose. "He has an itch." I said to myself. We all have itches. Only this itch was a bit further up, about one digit of his finger. He pulled out his finger and placed it into his nose. It took every ounce of me to not offer him a tissue. But he went back for more. His finger entered again as he chewed what he had pulled out seconds ago. I can only imagine the look on my face when I saw this mans entire pinky finger enter his left nostril. And when I say whole finger I mean you couldn't see his pinky finger! A few seconds later it surfaced again. And you guessed it! Back into the mouth it went, completely......well, lets just say he had an appetizer.

Why do I share this with you? For one, I want you to be completely mortified and experience what I did. Another reason....I thought I had seen it all up until now. My favorite sight has been seeing men and women gently bend over, hold one nostril and blow. Never mind who is passing by. But this one may have taken the cake...or should I say gold?

No comments: