Sunday, July 1, 2012

Count Down Begins...

There really hasn't been much movement on our end for the last month. We continued to wait for the Moscow office to get the contract to us. It was a test of patience at best. 8weeks to the day we returned from our look/see, we finally recieved the contract! For the last six of those eight weeks we were told " next week." we'll, again, eight weeks later here we are. The Mr. recieved it on Friday and we spent the weekend going over the numbers. He is very excited! I am too...if it weren't for the leaving part.

This is really happening! The Mr. went to pay our rent a few minutes ago and give them our 60 days notice. I cried a few tears. Just another step in the process! I love our little beach condo. I love looking out the front door to see the oceans roar every morning. We are blessed! We live in a location were people come to vacation. We get to live here! We have called this place home. Home is where the heart is. How ironic this statement is to me....when we were waiting for 5 long months to bring Munchkin One home from Russia, my heart was with him. My heart was in Russia. Pretty soon, my heart will go back to the Mother Land. I am excited about this!

So, our notice has been given. In less than 60 days we will be homeless. We will get on a plane, departing for Moscow, arriving not knowing where we will live. The Munchkins start school at the end of August. The Mr begins his new position at the beginning of September. Our plan is to depart for Moscow the beginning of August, hopefully giving us time to find a new home, receive our shipment and settle in before school starts.

We have about 5 weeks to separate our stuff for storage in America and shipping overseas. We need to sell two cars. We need to shop for winter gear. This Florida girl hasn't lived in the cold for a very long time! I have looked online and found great deals. However, Mr placed me on spending moratorium until we received cost estimates. So, now my great deals are not so great. We will be going to DC to renew Munchkin Ones Russian passport. We could pay a company out of Chicago $500 to do this for us and receive the passport in a month or two. Or we could do it ourselves in person for $10. We chose to spend $10 and get a nice little trip out of it! And we will have it in 10 days. If we lived in the Houston, Texas consulate district we could pay $10 and mail it in. Not an option for the DC consulate. Must be in person. We are in the DC consulate district. This is what we call DATR (don't ask, this is Russia!)

Lots more to do, but I know we will get it all done and in perfect timing! I suppose the count down begins....NOW!

Bring the fun on!

No comments: